Friday, May 5, 2017

Week 12 - Final Project Part 1 (Sketches)






Craft: For this week's assignment we were required to make sketches for our final project, which would be a triptych of a topic chosen by the class. Our topic was war. We were to  develop sketches around or with the topic of war. he possibilities were endless because war is a topic that can be taken figuratively or literally. I chose to do something literally. My sketches were depicting the life of a veteran and his journey to suicide. I used a photo reference to get the sketches.

Concept: I decided to use veteran and suicide as my topic because it is not a topic regularly discussed by many. The biggest misconception is that suicide is not common among veterans but studies show that there are higher rates of suicide among veterans yearly. I cannot connect to this on a personal level but I found it interesting that this topic is discussed as widely as teen and depression suicide.

Composition: or my triptych piece, the first image is a veteran with his hands to his face slightly bending forward. The second image is of him pointing a gun to his head, and the third image is of his hands, one with a purple heart medal and a gun in the other. I thought this order would be best to accurately display the sadness of a veteran outside the army, nav, marines, whatever it may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment