Friday, May 5, 2017

Week 11 - Stencils Part 2






Craft: This week's assignment was to create a stencil based on what we were taught last class. I decided to use one of my previous drawings, which is a time octopus, to use as my stencil. Instead of using photoshop, I would use adobe illustrator to create the individual shapes of the different parts of my time octopus. The most important thing is to fill the shapes and choose whether or not you want them to connect. For this particular assignment, I decided to make a perfect stencil and color stencil. Saving the file as a JPEG and then transferring that file tot he shilhoutte studio application is also another important. That application is to convert any JPEG file into a stencil.

Concept: Knowing how to make a stencil is a process but actually beginning the process to cut it was another. This time, we are familiarizing ourselves with the silhouette cutter. Adjusting the blade setting is probably the most important step because it can eratically alter the results due to sharpness of the blade and how much pressure it puts on the material being used.

Composition: This stencil is simple and can be re-created easily. It has no intricate angles and follows a direct path that the silhouette cutter can follow without a problem. I chose this because I wanted to make alterations to the design I had made previously, by playing with color and adding some additional detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment