Friday, May 5, 2017

Week 10 - Stencil





Craft: This week's assignment is to create a stencil using photography. In order to do that, we must use the Photoshop application. After opening the photo, I used the quick selection tool to elect sections of the photos I wanted to be outline and those outlines would be used to create the stencil. After that, I desaturated the sections I selected and created a duplicate layer. Then I used the threshold to flatten any detail within the selected sections and make them completely black. I would then save the photo and transfer it the adobe illustrator, where I would trace the image. The last step would be to make and expand the image and thus a stencil is born.

Concept: This exercise was to familiarize ourselves with basic instructions on how to create stencils. To understand the challenges of creating stencils of different space to subject relationship. How big or how small the subject is in relation to the space its in can affect the outcome of the stencil.

Composition: I chose to use simple plant to demonstrate the functions of converting an image to a stencil. Its very impactful to isolate any desired sections of a photo because its easier to draw our attention to one section but still be able to connect the entire thing together.

No comments:

Post a Comment